xxXpanded provides interactive entertainment services for users (“you”) via our website at xxXpanded including online, mobile and fixed line telephone chat, chat voice and text message services and webcam live chat services.
What types of personal information do we collect about you and for what purposes?
We may collect the following personal information about you:
- your country of residence, name, company name (if applicable), billing address and contact details (including your telephone number and email address);
- billing information such as card type, cardholder's name, card number and card validation code (a three or four-digit number printed on the front or back of most payment cards.) Please note that we do not store the card validation code;
- any other information we need to collect to verify your identity or when we deal with your requests and enquiries, such as security questions and answers;
- any information provided by you which we require to maintain our accounts and records and for other proper administrative purposes;
- any information we require to protect us against unauthorised access to, or use of, our services; and
- any other information provided by you and required for performing our obligations under any agreement entered into between you and us.
We collect this information for the following purposes:
- to allow us to operate and administer our website and provide our services to you;
- to enable us to process your payment including updating you about the progress of your payment;
- for marketing and promotional purposes (such as carrying out customer research, surveys, special offers and promotions.) We will carry out any marketing and promotional activities in accordance with applicable laws. In particular you will be able to choose not to receive, or to cease to receive, any marketing and promotional material if you inform us in writing of this. Please note, however, that if you inform us of this then we will no longer be able to keep you informed of any exciting new services, products or special offers that may be of interest to you; and
- to improve the quality of our services by tracking activity on our website. Please note that we do not automatically capture or store personal data from visitors to the website except to log the user's Internet Protocol (IP) address and session information such as the duration of the visit to the website and the nature of the operating system and browser used. Cookies (small information files sent to your browser which may then be stored on your computer) and similar devices may be used by us to provide you with information from our website. Cookies may also allow us to improve our services so that we can give you a more personalised experience when visiting our website. You do not have to accept cookies and you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive cookies- this will give you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept the cookies. If you chose to disable cookies you may not be able to access certain features of a website.
Do we share your personal information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with our associated companies within the TxtMe TV group.t
We may disclose the information we collect to companies that perform services on our behalf such as our banking services and card processing providers.
We may disclose your information to law enforcement bodies or where required to do so by law.
Except as provided above, we do not share your personal information with any other third parties and will not sell or hire your personal information to third parties.
What are we doing to keep your personal information secure?
We ensure that all personal information that you supply is held by us securely in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
All your personal information in our control resides on secure servers which are located in strictly controlled facilities and we restrict access to your personal information to certain users using a user identity and password scheme on a strict need to know basis.
We also regularly monitor and test our security systems and processes.
Providing you with our services may involve us transferring your personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area whose data protection laws may not provide the same level of protection as those in the United Kingdom. If we do so, we will ensure that your data is treated with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it.
Who we are and contacting us
Our website is owned and operated by TxtMe TV Ltd, a company established under the laws of England and Wales with registered number 04247285 and with its principal place of business at 28-33 The Quadrant, 135 Salusbury Road, London NW6 6RJ, United Kingdom. It is registered for VAT in the United Kingdom with number GB877113217.
Last updated: February 2007